Coleman YRE Event
Coleman County




The county and city was named for Robert M. Coleman, a signer of Texas Declaration of Independence and a hero of the Battle of San Jacinto.

Bell from the 1884 Coleman County Courthouse.

Plaque on a boulder commemorating the
cattle drives that came through Coleman.

World War II plaque.

Plaque from a bridge that no longer exists.
1952 Coleman County Courthouse.
Built in 1890, this Victorian
style jail is still in use today.

Library named after Mrs. J. A. B. Miller who worked as an unpaid librarian here for 41 years!

Fire Department used to share a
building with City Hall, but there
is now a new City Hall up the street.

Vintage gas station of red brick. Pumps and signs have been removed.

Three story red brick high school
has been vacant since at least 2008.

Coleman Masonic Lodge #496 AF & AM chartered in 1878.

First United Methodist Church built in 1959.

Carol and Ed on the trail.

Robey House was a B&B. It is now up for sale.

Victorian house – no information available.

Large cactus

We deviated from the walk route here and stayed on College for two more blocks to see these next two.

The Blair House – circa 1914 – Classical Revival Style.

Built in 1917 as a Presbyterian Church this building was donated in 2005 to the Coleman Heritage, Arts & Preservation Society and is now a museum.

Back on the walk route again

One story large brick Post Office erected in 1931.

We continued ahead instead of turning

Ed with a ghost sign for Coca-Cola saying it costs 5˘

Possibly inspired by Aaron Watson’s song “These Old Boots Have Roots”.

Artist took advantage of a broken
curb to make this cute mouse.
Metal dragonflies adorn the side of a building.
Mural painted as album
cover for Aaron Watson’s
Vaquero album.

Mural celebrates Coleman’s Prickly Pear Food & Wine Festival.

We are back on the walk route

Brandin’ Wall by the Circle C Cowbells.

Local ranchers sponsored “cattle
portraits” in the bricked-up windows
of a vacant building downtown.

Vacant building painted to look like a barnyard.
First Baptist Church – could not find out when it was built.

Sacred Heart Catholic Church
Bishop Joseph Fiorenza presided
over the dedication on June 6, 1962.

Badly in need of restoration,
this was once a lovely 1-story
brick and stucco Atchison, Topeka
and Santa Fe Depot.

Down the tracks from the depot is
an interesting building. Could not
read the sign so not sure what it was.

We came back and ate hamburgers
at the lunch counter after the walk.
I recommend it highly!

Mural on the Library has Sherlock Holmes,
Alice in Wonderland, and Wizard of OZ.
Coleman County Medical Center
Restored Sinclair Station is
home to CMS Health Care, Inc.

Coleman Texas makes up the deer’s antlers
in this mural on a vacant building.

Rancho Loma Vineyards (RLV) took
an old empty building in downtown
Coleman and turned it into a winery
with a tasting room.

A large frosted donut with sprinkles
on the side of the donut shop.

Coleman ISD mascot is the Blue Cats.
Small six side gazebo with carousel horse wind vane.

Sign for the Humane Society Thrift
store has a cat and dog.